Coconino County Jail District Detention Facility
951 E. Sawmill Rd.
Flagstaff, AZ 86001
Phone Detention Facility: (928) 226-5200
Phone Administration: (928) 226-5081 / (928) 226-5067
Coconino County is a land of vast and endless beauty, and home to many cultures.
With energy and enthusiasm, we commit to:
* Conscientiously serve our community and provide our citizens with accessible local government;
* Provide the most effective and efficient delivery of services;
* Be sensitive to the needs of ALL citizens in our changing world;
* Challenge, recognize and support our employees because they are the backbone of the County;
* Protect, preserve and care for our environment.
In our second century of public service, we envision our citizens and staff proud of their government and its accomplishments. We look forward to the future—confident that working together in an atmosphere of cooperation and trust, we will meet each new challenge with creativity and integrity.
In addition to the responsibility to preserve the peace, a major responsibility of the Office of the Sheriff in Arizona is to provide for the safe and humane housing of inmates. The Coconino County Sheriff’s Office prides itself on the respect with which our employees treat those incarcerated in our facility.
1. 11-441. Powers and duties. (A) The sheriff shall: (5) Take charge of and keep the county jail, including a county jail under the jurisdiction of a county jail district, and the prisoners therein.
2. 31-121. Duty of sheriff to receive and provide for prisoners; contracts for furnishing food; city or town prisoners; employment; canteens; special services fund; insurance; education programs.
3. 48-4002. Board of directors; administrative powers, duties and immunities. (A) The county board of supervisors shall serve as the board of directors of the district. (B) A county jail district organized under this chapter is a tax-levying public improvement district.
The Coconino County Jail is a regional holding facility in Flagstaff, which houses both sentenced and un-sentenced misdemeanor and felony adult offenders. The Flagstaff facility has an operating capacity of 477 beds (80% of the total 596 available beds is considered operating capacity due to classification requirements). There also is a 24-bed, short term holding facility in Page. The facility in Page is used to temporarily house people arrested in the northern part of the state before transporting to the Flagstaff facility.
We provide inmate housing for local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies and courts in Northern Arizona. The primary objective of the Detention Division staff is to provide a safe and secure environment for inmates and staff alike, while guaranteeing the Constitutional rights of those being held. This in turn is an important part of community safety and quality of life.
We have several programs that provide services and ensure rights to our inmates, including: Medical and Counseling Services, Mental Health Services, Kitchen Services, Laundry Services, Juvenile Education Services, Adult Education & Special Education Services, Library Services, Video Court Services, Attorney Video Visitation Services, Civil Rights Attorney Services, Health and Well-Being Services, Substance Abuse Programs, Religious Programs, Native American Programs, Inmate Work Programs, and Commissary Services. If you are interested in becoming a Volunteer for Detention Facility Programs, please contact Jim Bret at 928-226-5211.
Do you have a loved one in jail and in need of a bail bond in Coconino County, Arizona? Go to http://www.expertbail.com/ or call 800.938.BAIL and you can trust you will find a professional and reliable bail bond agent. Nationwide bail bonds. Anywhere. Anytime.