Pitkin County, Colorado Jail
530 E Main Street
Aspen, CO 81611
Phone: (970) 920-5331
Fax: (970) 920-5489
Hours: 24 hours / 7 days a week
The Pitkin County Jail is a division of the Sheriff's Office. It is located in Aspen, immediately behind the Court House and adjacent to the parking garage. Jail staff is available by phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
1. What address may I use to send a letter to someone who is incarcerated?
506 E Main St Dept J
Aspen, CO 81611
2. What are the rules about what I may send or bring to an inmate?
No food or drink items are allowed. Cash or money orders (no personal checks); minimal amount of reading materials (inmates have access to our Public Library); CD's & cassette tapes in limited quantities (inmates allowed no more than 12 at a time).
3. Is it possible to send money by mail addressed to the inmate?
Envelope can be addressed to the inmate.
4. How do I visit an inmate at your facility?
Visiting hours are Monday through Friday from 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm and Saturday and Sunday from 10:00 am to 11:00 am. First time visitors will fill out a questionaire when visiting an inmate. Visitors must present PHOTO IDs on each visit. 3 visitors are allowed at one time. Visits are no-contact using visitor phones.
5. Do I have to be on a visiting list?
No, please read answer given on question 4.
6. Will I be searched when I visit?Visitors are asked to empty their pockets and place jackets, hats, etc and place in locked locker before entering the jail. No contraband is allowed, including cigarettes and matches.
7. How should I act and dress when visiting an inmate?
Visitors should be fully dressed in appropriate, conventional clothing which is not unduly provocative, suggestive or revealing. Jail staff may deny a visit to a person who is inappropriately dressed. Visitors (and inmates) are accountable to conduct themselves in such a manner as to not bring suspicion nor discredit upon themselves or be disruptive or offend the sensibilities of other visitors.
8. Why would visit be denied?
If visitor is under the influence of alcohol or drugs. If a visitor refuses to follow visiting rules & regulations or has no photo ID. If a visitor attempts to introduce contraband. If a visitor creates a disturbance. If an inmate is in lockdown status. An inmate may refuse a visit.
9. Do you do fingerprints for anyone?
We do fingerprints for anyone except for Immigration purposes. Hours for fingerprints are 8:30am to 11:00am, Wednesday through Sunday mornings. A cash fee of $5, exact change please, will be required for this service. Due to circumstances beyond our control, please call 920-5331 before heading to the Jail. We do not schedule appointments.
10. How do I get a bail bond to release an inmate?
To get a list of trusted bail bond agents in Pitkin County, Colorado, contact ExpertBail. ExpertBail.com is the only true National Bail Bond Network. With bail bond agents in every state that bail can be written, the ExpertBail Network of Agents can service your needs no matter where you or the defendant is located.